Monday, September 29, 2008

Laila

You look so sad my Laila...
Oh so sad! Your eyes
Have gone strangely cold.
The life is gone. It scares me
To see what I behold.

What is the matter my Laila?
Say something... anything will do!
You have gone strangely silent.
The laughter's gone. It hurts me
To hear nothing out of you.

Don't shut yourself up my Laila
Don't shed your tears alone.
Let me in.Don't you know how it sears
My heart to not be able to
Dry away your tears?

(Oh, what good am I if I can't even hold her
As she sheds her tears upon my shoulder?)
I beg you, Laila... put down those keys
Don't drive off like this...don't!... please...
No! Laila... come back!... Laila... please...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

laila isnt silent forever, and will dry your tears *hug*

purple rain said...

the beginning of th poem reminds me of the cat stevens song my lady darbanville.,,. th last stanzas abrupt but to th point... liked it

Shalmi said...

...got me on my knees, beggin darlin please... darlin won't you ease my worried mind...

no connection maybe, but that's what it reminded me of :)

chippy diac said...

the intensity of the agony is well brought abt....wud discuss it wid u as to wat u had in mind when u composed these lines...laila doesn necessarily have to be a person u know, but how is this personified character related to u n y the name laila is something i am curious to know.