Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fiction, Tea and Toast




The simple pleasures of a rainy day.
Watching raindrops trickle their way
Down clear panes of glass,
Like liquid rainbows.

I watch as rain ceaselessly falls;
Watch it drip down red brick walls,
Vanishing into the grass
And then... Well who knows?

I nestle deep into the window seat
I lean sideways, a shawl over my feet,
And rest against the window pane.
It cools my fevered skin.

Diffused light filters through.
I read my book. Thoughts of you
Come and go and tease. Again
The pages pull me in.

I’m pampered by the perfect hosts-
Fiction, well-brewed tea and toasts
Buttered golden yellow,
With sugar sprinkled on top,

Pattering rain and sepia pages,
Random memories dating back ages…
My mood is deep and mellow.
And time has come to a stop.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

this is awesomeeeeeeeeeeee....really creates the atmosphere of being sat by the rain and just watching it carelessly :)

Ritwik said...

"Pattering rain and sepia pages,
Random memories dating back ages…"...Amazing lines. Its a strange deja vu...

purple rain said...

i love the part about being "pampered by the perfect hosts"..
beautifully written..can actually picture a rainy day ouitside the window.,.
the last line reminded me of how.., when i start feeling like that, along with th time that seems to "stop" so must i stop remembering those "memories dating back ages"..

chippy diac said...

brilliant!..is the rain addin beauty to ur mood or is it the cause kinda wave motion!